The Mellwood Art and Entertainment Center is zoned as a commercial property. Living on the premises is prohibited. Studio Spaces are priced by square footage. Most of the Studio Spaces are $1.00 per square foot. Courtyard Spaces are $1.25 per square foot. You will be required to purchase renters insurance. Some spaces have metered utilities while others maintain flat fees.
We have additional spaces up to 30,000 square feet that can be developed for your company’s needs and desired aesthetic. Please come visit us from 10 am to 4:30 pm for a tour.
- MAEC studio spaces are open to renters 24/7
- We offer developed spaces as small as 100 square feet up to undeveloped areas as large 30,000 square feet
- MAEC is willing to work with renters to create the spaces that they want
- 10% off on the event rooms excluding Saturdays
Open Studio Spaces: (UPDATED 7/16/19)
Pictures of the Studio Spaces are on our Craigslist page. If you type in Mellwood Art Center, our studios are listed under housing- office and commercial.
Within building A & B, you will find 3 Event Rooms, multiple beauty salons, small shops, Hope Culture Church/Community, writing professionals, non-profits, a leather maker, and artist studios.
Second Floor: On our second floor, you will find over 80 artist studios, businesses, and a large area ready for development. One elevator reaches the second floor, and there are multiple stair access points.
- #233A – 1645 sf. – $1645 per month plus $100 utilities
- #275 – 550 sf. – $550 per month plus $50 utilities
- #278 – 850 sf. – $850 per month plus $75 utilities
- #279/280 – 1600 sf – $1600 per month plus $100 utilities
Third Floor: The third floor is a private area perfect for quiet office space. No handicap access.